Sunday, September 29, 2013

Halfway

Warning....venting and complaining ahead.....its not all roses people...

21 weeks, halfway....can you believe it....? Some days I can and some days I really can't. I had a little bit of a 'woe is me moment' the other day when I was feeling really uncomfortable, tired, fat and grumpy.......that I am ONLY halfway. I still have another 20 weeks left. Holy S#*@ I thought, what have I done? I let that feeling digest for a little bit, maybe cried a little (maybe) and then picked myself off my most comfortable bed (where I could have laid for 5 hours straight) and figured out what to feed the children that were running around my house...(reality people, reality)
You see I do have days when I think to myself, "what the hell did you sign yourself up for Maureen?...why did you think that this would be fun?" And I feel I can't really complain or vent out loud because who decided to embark on this adventure?....yes that's right, ME......!!
But, then I get reminded in a really amazing way of why I did this....and here it is....



 Little man growing so perfectly and contently in me. We had the 20 week U/S last week and it was so awesome to see him up on the screen wiggling around and showing off for all of us.
 M and E and so, so excited and are so happy and that makes all those feelings of discomfort and the little battles I face so, so worth it. I remember why I decided to do this....I want to give people what I have. I want to give them a family, unconditional love, a future to hold on to....I can give them a forever......pretty powerful stuff......
So yeah, I am uncomfortable, I am feeling fat and not sleeping much.....but that is OK because it is a tiny bit of time in my life for a forever in someone else.
On a happier note, we are off to Disney next week with M & E....they are taking the kiddos and me for a fun day (see, I told you how awesome they are), It is going to be so fabulous and we are so pumped. The following week we get to see little one again in 4D. I never did this with my own 2, so it should be a really fun experience.
Check in soon.......xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Maureen! You are amazing and a total inspiration!!! Hang in there with the ups and downs! You will be blessed for giving this incredible gift. Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete