Saturday, October 22, 2011

Humbled

Well, I have not been on the ball this week at all.......life has been so hectic and stupid crazy. Sometimes I feel like my head is barely above the water that I am treading. Moving and a sick toddler has really done me in this week. That being said, team baby was blessed with some amazing news on Wednesday.
I am sure most of you know by now that I am indeed preggers! I had been sure that I wasn't (please see previous depressing post), positive that the Beta test was going to read negative and was rehearsing my apologies to J & E. When Wed. morning rolled around, I was nervous, because I was still a little hopeful, but trying to convince myself that it was ok.....if it didn't work this time, we can try again in a few months. I busied myself all day, was on the phone a lot to distract my mind and then about 2pm I finally got the call.....when the nurse told me that the number was a 49 and that anything above a 5 is positive....I swear I about peed my pants...(and we def. all know that I am very capable of that...please see transfer day post) :) 49 is great number, solid and really strong. This week is another test to make sure that the number is doubling and baby is growing strong.
As for J & E, they are ecstatic, they are over the moon and they are still a little scared too. Me too. I want this so badly for them, I want them to have their dream and I so badly want to be able to give this to them. Already this pregnancy is very different than my others with my own babies. I know I have this precious gift that I am in charge of making sure is healthy and strong. I am responsible for someone else's baby boy/girl for 9 months. When I start to think about it, it can get a little overwhelming.
But for now I am not going to think about that.....I am humbled and I am so incredibly grateful that I get to be a part of this miracle.
But as for now, I am off to hang with my sickie little girl and pack a few boxes......mom duty calls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment